Do you want to take part in a game of chance? They can be risky. Make sure it remains a fun game. The 8 tips below may help you.
Tips for safe gambling
- Don't start wagering money as soon as you receive your salary. Pay all your bills first.
- Gamble for fun or for the atmosphere, not to win money
- Do not gamble if you are angry, sad, lonely or bored. Or if you use alcohol or other stimulants.
- Decide in advance how much money and time you can spend on a game of chance. Before you start playing, set this as your limit. Take regular breaks and stop when the money or time is up.
- Remember that on average you will end up losing more than you win. In the end, 'the house' always wins. Therefore stop when you have a profit
- Do not be influenced by advertisements, promotions or bonuses
- Profit or loss is almost always determined by chance. Not by your insight or practice.
- Put work, study and agreements with others before gambling.